Monday, February 6, 2012

Friends on Super Bowl Sunday - Rancho Santa Margarita

So yesterday two friends and I decided to go to Friends Sports Tavern in Rancho Santa Margarita to watch the Super Bowl.  Some of you may be surprised by this since many of you know that I am not a sports fan.  However, it seemed like it could be fun so we headed out.  We got there around 1:30pm to get a seat since kick off was 3:00pm and were surprised that the place was pretty much empty.  There were a lot of tables with reserved signs on them, but we were able to find a good table with views of televisions without a reserved sign on it.  Our server was very nice and very attentive.  So was the busing staff.

The three of us started out with a pitcher of Stella to drink.  We started out with 3 orders of "Chicken Roll-Ups" and an order of buffalo wings.  The Chicken Roll-Ups were almost like taquitos served with sour cream and salsa on a bed of shredded cabbage.  We all agreed that they were good.  The buffalo wings looked ridiculously small.  I really wish I had gotten a picture of them.  The amount of meat on each one was incredible small.  I didn't try them since I'm not a spice person, but my buddy said that taste wise they were 'OK'.  Right around then was Stella Pitcher #2 :)  After this I had their Prime Rib French Dip sandwich.  It was served on a toasted roll with provolone and grilled onions, and fries on the side.  The sandwich was very good as is usual here.  My buddy also got a Turkey Club and fries.  He said it was good. 

I was very surprised that there were still a few empty tables during the game.  I was expecting standing room only on Super Bowl Sunday at one of RSM's only two sports bars!  Not too far into the third quarter the three of us decided we were all full and none of us were really that into the game.  We got the check and headed out.  All in all most of the dishes here aren't amazing, but they are at least 'good'.  That with the lack of restaurants in the RSM area, I'll be back for sure. :)

On a side note.  I guess the being up since 12:30am at work, plus the food and beer got to me because I wound up going to sleep at 7:30pm which most of you know is CRAZY for me since I am a major night owl.  Wound up sleeping 13 hours, another very rare thing for me!!!  Oh well, I enjoyed it!

Have you been to Friends before!?!?  Tell me what you think!

3 comments: