Saturday, February 18, 2012

Newport Fresh - Newport Beach

I've heard a lot about Newport Fresh in Newport Beach lately.  It's  a small mom & pop hole-in-the-wall restaurant on Newport Blvd just south of PCH that does Japanese food and Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.  This combination intrigued me since those are two of my favorite types of food.  So since I was off work today with nothing to do, I decided to make the drive up to Newport and give it a try.


When I walked in there were no other customers in the 6 table restaurant, but I know they do a big take-out business, so I wasn't worried.  I stepped up to the counter where you order and was greeted by the owner.  I told him this was my first time there, so he took me through the VERY LARGE menu.  I decided to do what I've heard is a local favorite and ordered a Cheesesteak Sandwich and a Sushi Crunch Roll.  Now get ready for this. People put the Crunch Roll INSIDE the Cheesesteak Sandwich.  I was game ;)  The two came separate and I went ahead and put the rolls inside the sandwich.  I took a bite and it was AMAZING!  Something about the combination of the cheesy beef and the sweetness of the sauce on the Crunch Roll.  It definitely works!  Everything is made in-house and to-order, so it's very fresh.  I will definitely be back!


The roll before I put it in the sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment