Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mastro's Steakhouse - Costa Mesa

So last Saturday night my parents took Cayla and me out for my birthday dinner with them at Mastro's Steakhouse in Costa Mesa.  As usual it was an amazing evening!  If I had to pick a favorite restaurant anywhere, it would probably be here or Mastro's Ocean Club in Newport Beach.  We met early to all have a drink in the bar before our dinner reservation.  I love the bar here.  It was a Saturday night and the place was jumping.  Like the rest of the restaurant it is dark with awesome mood lighting.  The bar also had live music playing.  Picture a place where the Chairman of the Board and the rest of the Rat Pack would hang out.  THAT is Mastro's ;)  Cayla and I both decided to go with one of their signature martinis and each got the Fleur de Blu martini.  This is a great martini with a subtle blueberry flavor.  Tastes great!  One of the cool things about getting martinis at Mastros' is that they also bring you the mixer with your drink.  The mixer has enough in it that it will fill up your glass again, so it's almost like getting two drinks ;)  My mom is planning a vacation to Hawaii and was in a tropical mood, so she ordered a Mai Tai.  My dad went with a glass of red wine. 



After this we were seated in a very cool looking room near the front of the restaurant,  The room was dark red with awesome looking yellow mood lighting.  I love the atmosphere here!  I switched to a Belvedere Gimlet up with a twist for the rest of the night, while everyone else went with red wine.  The bread they serve comes in an assorted basket.  It is all very good, but their Pretzel Bread is AMAZING!  To start we went with the Seafood Tower.  This is a custom dish where you tell the server what chilled seafood you want and for how many people.  We went with lobster cocktail, shrimp cocktail, snow crab claws, Bluepoint oysters, and Dungeness crab cocktail.  ALL of it was EXCELLENT!


For my entree I had the Bone-In 12 oz. Filet cooked medium plus.  It was cooked PERFECTLY.  For side dishes we had their famous Lobster Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas, and Alaskan King Crab Black Truffle Gnocchi.  All EXCELLENT, especially the Lobster Mashed Potatoes.  For dessert we had Mastro's Signature Warm Butter Cake.  This is one of the best cakes I've ever had!  It melts in your mouth!

Amazing meal, amazing birthday, AMAZING EVENING!  Can't wait to come back!

Does anyone have any Mastro's stories of their own???

No comments:

Post a Comment