Friday, February 3, 2012

BeachFire - Ladera Ranch

Cayla and I were tired and I didn't feel like making anything at home so we decided to go out for dinner.  It was 7:00 PM Friday night, so we were trying to figure where we could go without having to wait a long time to be seated.  Like I normally do in this type of situation I went to my Open Table app (awesome app!) on my phone and checked for restaurants in the area that had reservations available.  The only thing I found in the area that sounded good at the moment was BeachFire with a 7:30 reservation.  I made the reservation on the app and we were on our way. 

Cayla was drinking red wine and I was drinking Kettle One and Tonic.  We sat on the enclosed heated patio.  It's very nice and has a great ambiance.  It has very dim lighting on the patio which I love, but if you have bad eyes you may need a flashlight (or cell phone) to read the menu ;)  We started off by sharing the Coconut Shrimp appetizer.  We were both disappointed in this dish.  We had had this before several months before and LOVED it!  However, this time when we ordered it we found out that they had changed the preparation.  There were less shrimp this time, only 3 in the order, and it came with sticky white rice and served over a Thai basil mint sauce.  Cayla described the taste of the sauce as "soapy" :/  I wasn't a fan of it either.  It used to be served with a sweet plum sauce that was amazing! 

For dinner Cayla had the Smoked Turkey & Candied Bacon sandwich.  She decided to substitute wheat bread for the Parmesan sourdough.  Her opinion of the sandwich was 'OK', and that she wouldn't order it again.  However she said the macaroni salad it came with was amazing! 

For dinner I had the Prime Beef Dip sandwich with no horseradish (not a fan of horseradish)  The sandwich came on a very soft roll (way too soft) with onions and mushrooms on it and with au jus on the side for dipping.  The sandwich was VERY 'OK'.  I'm a bit of a connoisseur on beef dip sandwiches and would never order this sandwich again here.  However the french fries it came with were EXCELLENT!  It seems like they do side dishes well here, but not the main dish :/ LOL!  The service was also just 'ok'.  On a side note, if you want an EXCELLENT beef dip sandwich try SideDoor in Corona del Mar, Daily Grill in Irvine or Newport Beach, and Hanna's in Rancho Santa Margarita.  You won't be disappointed.

BeachFire is a fun place with a fun bar vibe, live music, and dancing every night.  With that being said, I think I would come back here to drink and have fun in the bar, but Cayla and I both agree that we won't be coming back here for dinner in the future.  We were very disappointed with the food.

Have you been to BeachFire before?  Was your experience different???  I'd love to know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment