Monday, March 5, 2012

Coast at Shutters on the Beach - Santa Monica


(picture taken from Coast web site)

It was a nice night, so after dinner at The Misfit we walked to Coast located at the beach side hotel, Shutters on the Beach.  Coast has a very "airy" and "beachy" feel to it which compliments its location on the sands of Santa Monica Beach.  We sat in their enclosed patio (pictured above).  We came here for after dinner drinks. 


Cayla went with red wine as usual.  As many of you know I am a big fan of the cocktail, the Old Fashioned.  So needless to say when I saw a "New Fashioned" on their specialty cocktail menu I HAD TO try it!  It was very good, much lighter in taste than an Old Fashioned.  Dare I use the word, REFRESHING!  This of course is due to the St. Germain Elderflower, a Parisian liqueur made from elderberry flowers. 


Cayla and I both enjoyed Coast's atmosphere and good service.  We didn't order any food, but we enjoyed our drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment